Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Warning: Party Season Fast Approaching

Its that time of the year again, of whirlwind parties and birthdays and what nots. I was wondering the other day why so many of my friend's birthdays are in the latter part of the year. Then i started counting 9 months ahead...ahem Valentines and New's Year Day anyone?

Okay getting back to the topic at hand (god knows I could probably go on for ages). Here are my picks for party dresses this season - 13 party dresses in all! This is installment number 1 of course, too many party dresses to post at one go! Oh and yes, please please do get at least two party dresses for this season - you don't want to turn up at a birthday party in the same dress you did at last week's company cocktail dinner only to realize your colleague has seen you in it! Oh boo!

This is a fun number by Armani Prive. I'm loving the colour contrast, but hating the hat. A top hat would have been fine. Oui?


Sweet dreams are made of this. And the best part? Away with those heels. This looks good any night with sparkling sandals. (Badgley Mischka)


This is very simple. But oh so sweet. (Behnaz Sarafpour)


Great print that could only be Missoni. Ditch the fur though. And I'd pair this with boots to give it more oomph.


Easily one of my favourite top ten of this season. Yes I love gold and I'm not afraid to admit it. This one by Donna Karan. Oh so wearable from day to night.


Okay, so you want understated glamour. Try this great tube dress by Calvin Klein. Clean lines and ooh, that lovely teal.


I love this look! A head-turner, this will put you in a way-out different league amongst all the well-dressed women. Love! (Naeem Khan)


What say you to a sari? This one by Naeem Khan is a keeper. I love the gold details and the one-shoulder is just perfect.


Finally, some frivolity and fun. I love this Erdem dress. Guaranteed conversation piece (minus the hat of course) I would pair this with higher strappy heels.


White and black the Jonathan Saunders way. Not so much mod and much more cool chic. Something is missing though. I think she's lacking a top hat, thats what.


Go sexy goth in this black hot number by Jens Laugesen.
Dark eyes and nude glossy lips a must. Oh and the hair on the model's hot.


The glitterati is in town! Absolutely love this one by Missoni.


Be an angel in white in this Fendi number. I'm digging the belt!



No comments: